CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Can UFO's be two dimensional?

Can UFO's be two dimensional?
"Beam me up Scotty!"

Friday, November 7, 2008

Godly Trust in a Faithless World

Godly Trust (1st Part of 8 Laws of Health) Godly Trust:
A few weeks ago my husband and I attended a couples retreat in Lake Mary, Florida. Our pastor presented at one of the sessions and he spoke about how important trust is in our relationships. He summed up how marriage has times of testing and explained how God often allows times of testing for some very good reasons. An obvious one stated by Pastor Mark is, "How can we trust what has not been tested." I have been meditating on that concept and am amazed at how practical and true this concept has been in my life. Trust is the first milestone in human development according to Erikson. We learn to trust when we experience consistency and responsiveness from our caregivers. When you think about it we test things all the time. We like to know if product is reliable before we place our faith in it. Even new foods are offered for taste testing at local supermarkets. Doesn't the scriptures encourage us to, Taste and see that the Lord is good?
Link: http://www.vtaide.com/png/Erikson.html

Sometimes we trust too quickly, especially when things don't add up and we forget to use our heads. God understands that, and how it takes time to build trust with each of us. He knows how fragile it is and how quickly it falls apart and how difficult the relationship is to rebuild when it is lost. Most of our life is spent rebuilding trust. That is why health is strengthened when we have our trust firmly planted in God. Everything, and everyone is less reliable and subject to change. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Heb 13:8) He is not a man that he should lie; (Number 23:19, Titus 1:2,Romans 3:4) His promises are true and amen.( 2Cor 1:20) We need to trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not to our own understanding, to acknowledge Him in all our ways and He will make our paths straight.

Proverbs 3 (Message version)

5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over. But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Colleen, I don't know if you got my reply to your comment on my blog. I wanted to say though I haven't said it before (and sorry bout that) that your comments always lift my heart. You make me feel like there is someone who cares and loves me without even really knowing me and that I find very humbling.

This blog is amazingly thought provoking. I never thought about why God builds trust with us first and I guess now it makes sense. Figured if I was God I would just tell people how it is and be done with it. Good thing I am not him :)

Thanks again Colleen, and I do read your blogs even though I dont leave comments, I will start doing so cos I appreciate yours so much.

God bless love
Christine

Colleen said...

Hey Christine,

Thanks so much for your last note to me. I too read your blog and am so excited to see how God is working in your life. You look radiant and I think of you often and hope each update on this series I started speaks to you. I also have a facebook page I'll send you an invite to. My last entry was delayed because I fear I have too many websites to keep up to date. Nonetheless it's all good. Writing is my therapy of choice. :)
Love and Blessings!
Colleen