CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Can UFO's be two dimensional?

Can UFO's be two dimensional?
"Beam me up Scotty!"

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Red Bands of Courage

Click here for more Red Band stories: http://www.calvaryccm.com/en/submenupages/livedangerous.aspx

A few months ago my husband and I heard screams from the house across the street at about 8:30PM. We found our neighbor's 56 y.o. husband on the kitchen floor unconscious and barely breathing. 9-1-1 was called and we performed CPR. It seemed like at least 10-15 minutes later the paramedics arrived. I called from the door for them to bring oxygen because through most of the rescue there was no pulse or breathing. We all prayed fervently as the EMS gave shocks and life saving meds. After he was stabilized, I drove my neighbor's wife to Wuestoff Hosp and stayed for several hours until he was admitted to the ICU. At about 2AM I encouraged her to let me take her home because she had called family across the state who would be arriving in the morning. The medical team could not find the cause of the cardiac arrest but we prayed in spite of the distinct possibility that he might not ever wake up again. Long story short, he woke up slowly after about 3 weeks and spent about another 2 months in the hospital and rehab, and is home now. PTL! As I drove into my home from work on Friday, I could see he was in a wheelchair with his wife across the street in their driveway. As we chatted I noticed that his wife was wearing the red band to "Follow Jesus and Live Dangerously" She had recently began attending CCM. Then my husband came home, the same Deputy Sheriff referred to by the CCM member on jury duty, and our neighbor seemed to recognize him and said his name. We all stood in a circle wearing our bands beholding a miracle of God. Please continue to pray for increased healing of his mind. He is struggling to remember so many of his memories of even his grown children. Yet is reliving the night of the rescue, perhaps as the result of PTSS-post traumatic stress syndrome. We are commanded to snatch some from the fire and that night we were called on to do just that. My husband and I have both been CPR instructors for several years, I as an RN, he as a Sheriff Deputy, and we just so happened to be home together at the right time. We were actually supposed to be out on errands but were delayed for some reason. "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" -A. Einstein. The red bands of courage to live dangerously for Him is truly God's call to His people for such a time as this! PTL!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Colleen, God certainly had his hand in that moment, putting you in the right place and right time. Thank you for your post on my blog, it is wonderful to know that there is someone out there who does care. I have been going through a lot and trying to find my way. God has been very gracious and very good I hope I can live up to His plans or me. Blessings, I will be visiting again

Colleen said...

Thanks for your kind words Christine. This blog is kind of a funny thing. I always felt like I was born too early or too late. Then God lead me to a scripture where Paul also felt like me. He missed being an actual part of the original 12 disciples of Christ by a slim margin of years. 1st Corinth 15:8 "and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also." Feelings are what they are, and God's plans are to bless and prosper, not to harm. So as you step out you will battle those, "Where are you God moments?" All I can say is... I promise you, He will make Himself known to you through His Word, through people and direct answers to prayer. Sometimes the doors will fly open, but that is when He wants us to lay the choices once again at His feet. It may seem agonizing at times but God sometimes tests our integrity. Our pastor said recently. "If we never test something or someone, how can we trust it." God will not tempt us, but he will test us. I hope this ministers to you somehow. He love you...never doubt that. Love does hurt sometimes...especially when it's for our good. Amen? :)